Platform Independent Screen sharing MAC/Linux/Windows : Adobe ConnectNow
We always used windows based screen sharing tools for meetings and conferences to share screen on Windows based systems. Recently I got in touch with someone who had MAC book and there was not many screen sharing tools available in market for doing Windows to MAC screen sharing. I recently found this cool free platform independent screen sharing tool called ConnectNow. ConnectNow is a free cross platform screen sharing tool over HTTPS, you can use your email id to register on the Adobe site at : ConnectNow
I have used this tool to do screen sharing with MAC and Windows combination, and the tool works really fine. Here are few good things I liked about it.
1. Registration is real quick you just need to fill up the small form, and you are good to go with your email id as user id. See the snapshot below.
2. You will get a meeting HTTPS link which you can distribute to people inside or outside your company LAN.
3. I was able to give control of my machine to participant, based on their request.
4. The participants need not be registered user of ConnectNow. What that means is they can join in your screen share meeting as a Guest by just specifying their names.
5. It has a small chat window and share notes window, which can be used for meeting room chats and text sharing.
6. It also supports Webcam and voice chat for Multiple people on same screen. Look at the snapshot below.
7. It also provides you a tele-conference bridge number where you can ask your participants to login with a passcode. Its Free for United States and few countries in Europe.
I guess it uses flash based browser plugin to do this so should be supported by any browser which supports flash.